Monday, March 21, 2011

Jackpot!

I took the kids to 7-11 yesterday for Slurpees after Grace's lacrosse game. A woman in line ahead of us was buying lottery tickets. Curious, we asked if the Mega Millions was really at $244 million. After a yes from the store clerk my next question was, 'when is the next drawing?' After she answered, Noah piped in with a 'do it, Mom'. Grace just looked at me and smiled so, I said to the lady, 'I'll take two. One for you Noah and one for you Grace.' We all hopped in the car and Jeremy just smiled as I tucked them safely in my wallet. I have NEVER played the lotto and I am certainly not condoning it, encouraging it nor do I struggle with gambling. It was on a whim and just for fun.

About an hour later, as I was making dinner and Noah was sitting in the kitchen on the computer doing homework, he asks:

"What if you win mom?"

"I don't know. That would be crazy. I'd buy the church building first and then probably find a lot of ways to spend it."

"Yeah, it'd be cool if you won. But, it would be even cooler if someone won that actually needed it."

To this I just smiled and thought....good point son, good point.

No comments:

Post a Comment